I posted this on my other journal also. Sorry to friends who get this twice.
I've seen this in several places around LJ so I thought I'd post my list as well. Also, if anyone who I wasn't already going to send one to (that would be you, sister dear and you Heather) would like a Christmas Card, leave a comment with your address. Comments are screened (though I'll probably unscreen those without personal information in them) so your address will only be seen by me.
Here are the instructions for the Wish List if you'd like to post your own.
* Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not stories or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use-or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free-do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf-to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not-it's your call.
* There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.( My Wishlist HereCollapse )
If you want to send me a card, leave a comment and I'll get you my address. If you've got any questions you can reach me at trf(dot)hernandez(at)gmail(dot)com